Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Break

I can't believe it's over.  I spent the majority of it sick.  I knew it would happen as soon as I went back to work.  I did not think it would last 2 weeks.  I wasn't so sick that I could't do anything, just sick enough to not feel 100%.  I don't know what this thing was, but it was annoying.  Every morning I woke up with a headache, no energy, and just didn't feel like myself.  The best way I can describe it is feeling hung over, despite the fact that I hadn't drank the night before.

I'm frustrated that I didn't get to check much off my to-do list because I didn't feel well.  But at the same time, if I had to get sick I guess it was good timing since I have no sick days left for the rest of the school year.

Things I DID accomplish: Christmas decorations are put away.  Well, in the bins ready to go in the attic.  All but Adelyn's tree and ornaments.  Partly because I ran out of time, partly because it makes me sad to take it down.  I decided this year that I am going to put her ornaments, candles, wreath, and anything else I have in a container under my bed.  I'm too afraid an ornament will break or the candle will melt.  I think I am ready to move her memory boxes there as well.

Why under our bed?  Because as of now, there is nothing under it!  I cleaned out my closets and gave about 5 bags of clothes to Goodwill.  I haven't worn regular clothes in so long, I think some were outdated.  Ha ha.  Others I was never going to fit back into, no matter how hard I try.  But I did get a pair of prematernity pants buttoned tonight.  Yay!  Now, it's not comfortable and doesn't look pretty, but with the sweater I am wearing you cannot see the muffin top.  I sure hope I find time to exercise because I am not liking how my belly looks and feels right now.  I know I just had two babies in two years, but that makes me all the more impatient to get my body back.  It's about time!

In the process of going through  my clothes, I came across the shirt I was wearing when I went to the hospital in labor with Adelyn.  It was the last of my maternity clothes hanging there, the rest I cleared out a few weeks ago.  I did move it to the back of the closet, and that was as much as I could manage.  It didn't make me sick to my stomach, but it did make me sad.  I think one day I will put it with Adelyn's things.  While it is not a good memory - but what is - it is a memory nonetheness and those are rare when it comes to Adelyn so I will save it.  Plus I just can't bear the thought of someone else wearing it.  The rest of my maternity clothes I gave to my neighbor to borrow because she is pregnant.  We have been trading maternity clothes for the past 3 years!  I think this is the final trade though.

And so Christmas break is over and it's back to work.  I better get to bed, because 5 am is going to come too quickly.  Especially since all of us have been sleeping in till 8 - Coen included.  Over break he started sleeping about 11 hours a night.  Pretty good for a 2.5 month old - but just  like his big sister!

Good night!  I have many more posts started in my  head, so hopefully I find time to write them out this week as I adjust - again - to being a working mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment