Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baptism

Coen's upcoming baptism has been one of much debate.  First, where?  We really loved the priest who married us and ended up performing Adelyn's funeral service.  We thought it would be great to have him baptize Coen, but it would have to be in the same place as Adelyn's service.  That is the only time we were in that chapel, too.  But the more I thought about it, the more I decided that if I could go to the same hospital to have him, I could go to the same chapel.  I think.....

Then there was the when....because we have an outfit that every boy in our family was baptized in, except for my twin cousins because there are two of them.  I believe the grand total is 9 boys have been baptized in it - my two first cousins and one of them has a son who wore it, my brother and my nephew, and my two "cousins-in-law" - who both have sons who were also baptized in it.  I know, a lot of boys in my family!  Poor Sierra - now you know why I am so thankful my niece was a girl and why I wanted her to have a sister so badly.  But anyway, I need Coen to fit in this outfit and it is going to be close, but we decided to chance it and make it be in February so we have time to prepare for it.

Of course who to choose for Godparents is difficult.  No one on Trevor's side is Catholic or religious or really close to us.  Can we use the same Godparents as we used for Sierra?  I feel like they should each have their own, but I can't think of anyone else who would be better.

Then there were the invitations.  I kept going back and forth but knew I needed to make them and send them out soon!  So I got Coen dressed in the outfit tonight and took a picture to use on the invitation.  And I must say, I LOVE how it turned out.  Here is a sneak peak:

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
 1 Samuel 1:27
Looking at that face and reading those words.....I found some tears welling up in my eyes tonight.  I love this boy, thank you God and Adelyn for sending him to me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

He's adorable!

Hannah Rose said...

I found your blog on faces of loss, faces of hope. I am so sorry for your loss. Adelyn is such a beautiful name! Your blog layout is really lovely. I too lost my baby, Lily Katherine, who was stillborn at fullterm on March 16, 2010. It's good to find people who 'get it' in the blogging community. I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well; www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com

Post a Comment