Tuesday, January 10, 2012

3 Months!

Coen is three months old today.  Where does the time go??  He is starting to actually do things now, which is fun.  I love babies around this age, so I am trying to enjoy every second while looking forward to all the milestones and fun stuff he will be doing in the next few months.

The best thing Coen does now is smile!  I have had a hard time catching one, but he smiles a lot.  Now he smiles when you look at him or talk to him and that is great.  It is seriously the best thing ever.  Baby smiles can pull you out of any sort of bad mood!  They are addicting - once he starts smiling, we will just stare at him and keep trying to get him to smile.  I love it. 

He has also started cooing and making noises.  One night, Trevor was sticking his tongue out and Coen watched him and was trying really hard to do it, too.  He has even tried to blow raspberries - sometimes he is successful!  Lately Coen has been trying to get his whole fist in his mouth - which leads to  lots of drool.  Sometimes I swear he just spits!  I really hope he doesn't have to wear bibs all the time like Sierra did around this age.

I wish I could take Coen in just to see how much he weighs and how long he is!  I hate not having exact measurements for his baby book.  My estimates say between 12 and 13 lbs and around 24-25 inches.  It is hard to tell, but I weighed myself (UGH) and then weighed myself holding him, and the difference was about 12 lbs.  I'm not so sure because he was 11.5 last month and seemed to have grown since then, but then again lately I feel like he hasn't as much - he doesn't feel as heavy to me.  Maybe I am just used to him.  He does still fit in 0-3 month clothes though, so my estimates are probably right.  I hope he stays in that size for a little while longer, because he still has some he hasn't worn.  Although with the way he poops through outfits, it is a good thing he has so many!

Coen has been sleeping through the night pretty regularly this past month.  Of course last night he woke up at 12 and I am so tired today because he started fussing just as I was going to bed.  Hoping it was a fluke because I need my sleep, especially with all these germs floating around.  I feel like I'm getting sick again.  Really?!

Hmm, I can't seem to post a picture right now :(  Check back later because I took some really cute ones tonight.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy 3 months Coen!

Post a Comment