Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Month

It feels strange to be acknowledging monthly milestones again.  I went from marking each month that went by without Adelyn and thinking about how old she would have been to now celebrating each month with Coen.  It's weird to be doing the normal monthly baby thing - taking pictures, writing in his baby book, recording his height and weight (his 1 month check up isn't till next week so I don't know yet).

Coen slept from 10-5:30 last night.  I woke up at about 3:30 and realized he had not been up yet.  I got a bit nervous and was almost too scared to go check on him.  I rolled myself out of bed and went in his room and his arms jerked - that cute little startle reflex that newborns have.  I was SO relieved.

Normally every night I pump before I go to bed, so I will wait a little after Coen nurses before bed.  Well last night I was so exhausted, I decided not to.  So of course this would be the night Coen decides to sleep.  Not that I'm complaining about his sleep - but I woke up SO uncomfortable.  What to do?  I couldn't fall back asleep feeling that way, and I didn't want to wake up Coen because if he is going to sleep all night, I'm not going to mess with it. So I got up at 3:30 am and pumped.  Ugh.  Once he gets into a predictable routine and sleeps longer, I won't wake up to pump.  No way - my body will hopefully adjust.

This is the best picture I got of him smiling today - however, as you can see Sierra's head is right there.  I'm sure it's the first of many picture of him that will turn out this way, since she is ALWAYS in his face!

I can't believe it has been a month already! Wow.  I've gotten pretty good at juggling them both, but we will see what happens when I go back to work.  I only have four weeks left :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment