Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Shopping

Today I attempted to go Christmas shopping. My mom came with us so she could deal wtih Sierra while I ran in and out of stores at the outlets. I was also looking for a shirt to go with a skirt she is going to wear over the holidays. So, I ran in and out of the million kids stores at the outlets - Children's Place, Gap, Gymboree, Carter's, OshKosh. I found a few things. But, it put me in a bad, bad place. When I attempt to shop for Sierra, I often have to walk through the baby girl stuff to get to the toddler girl stuff. Then, when I stupidly went in Carter's, I saw a few outfits that I had bought for Adelyn and returned (one being a bright pink onesie with little sister written in silver glitter). I also saw some outfits that I had been planning on getting her, but of course never needed. And about 3 or 4 different little sister shirts. I walked out of there almost in tears. I just had to get out of there right away. But of course, I could not find my mom and she left her cell phone in her car! I thought I was going to lose it and start crying in the middle of the place. I know I had tears in my eyes as I frantically searched for my mom and Sierra. I found them and told my mom that we needed to leave NOW. I lost any motivation to shop. I think my cousins and nieces and nephew are getting gift cards. I just can't do it this year.

1 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

I don't blame you. I get emotional every time I see clothes on babies or racks at the store that I bought for TanaLee. It's hard to go any place after the type of loss we have had...but really- Baby'R-Us is a hard store for me to even drive by.
I'm sorry for the bad shopping experience.
Hugs-
Felicia

Post a Comment