Monday, June 27, 2011

Anniversary

I didn't find the time to post on our actual anniversary, or the day after, so here goes.

7 years ago on June 25th:





We said "I do" on the beach at Laguna Beach, with just the two of us - and Nicco our dog of course!

6 years ago, we took those same vows in the church in front of our family and friends. Unfortunately, Nicco didn't attend this one, but he did drive from New Mexico to PA with us!






This has certainly been our most trying year of marriage yet, and we are still standing. I am reminded of this, that was read at our wedding:

1 Corinthians 12:31-13:8

Be ambitious for the higher gifts. And I am going to show you a way that is better than any of them. If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever. Love is always patient and kind; it is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.

And this:
Mark 10:6-9

“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment