Tuesday, January 15, 2013

15 months

My baby was 15 months last Thursday, January 10th!  A little late, but that's how we roll in this house.  We are busy and tired......but I am not complaining.

Coen doesn't have his 15 month well check until Monday, because even though I tried to schedule it over a month ago, all evening appointments were booked!  Thankfully I am off Monday for Martin Luther King Day, but that's not really how I wanted to spend my day off!

Coen is doing so many things now, I really don't know where to start.  He loves to dance, and anytime music comes on he will stop and bounce.  Sometimes he moves his arms, but mostly he bounces up and down.  It is ridiculously cute, I could watch him do it all day.  Over the weekend, he found this little crib from Sierra's doll house and kept pressing the button to make it play music, then dancing to it, and then doing it all over again.  At one point, he was over at her doll house doing this for awhile, and she was over playing with his cars.  Figures!

Coen points to everything now, and says something that sounds like "what's this?"  His first word wsa "cookie" which he says as "coo coo".  I think that "ba" is book, and "ma" is something, maybe milk but I am not sure.  He uses "ma" to refer to many things.  He has repeated "baby" for me also.  We have been working on mommy, daddy, and "CC" - nothing yet though.  But, I'm relieved, because I was worried about his language development.  He didn't say anything for awhile, and while I know he is still so little, I am a speech therapist so of course I am overly aware and worry more than your average person.  On the other side of that, I am more critical - some people call the sounds babies make words, but it is not truly a word until the refer to the same thing using the same word over and over.  Simply saying "mama" doesn't mean a word, unless they are saying it consistently while pointing to you or running towards you.  That is one thing that irks me, when people call random babbling words.  It's not!

Another of his favorite things to do is turning the light switch off and on.  It's so cute.  He has started to finally play with his toys, which is nice because we don't have to chase him around to be sure he's not getting into trouble (as much).   He also loves to pull all the books off his shelf and make a big mess.  I so remember Sierra doing this at the same age, because it was summer and I was home and I swear all I did was pick up books!

Right at the end of the year, I finally ran out of frozen breastmilk and Coen had his first taste of cow milk.  At first he wanted nothing to do with it, but he seems to be ok now.  Over Christmas break I weaned him down to only nursing before bed.  I will keep nursing him before bed through the winter, unless he decides to wean himself before then.  I honestly don't see that happening though.

I forgot how much I love this age, and how cute babies are when they are taking in so much.  Like little sponges.  This age is also trying and tiring, because you can't reason with them or bribe them.  Temper tantrums happen often in our house.  It's a good thing he's so darn cute.  I swear this boy melts my heart multiple times a night.  I can't get enough of his giggles and dancing.  I love how he runs to me when I come home like I'm the best thing in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment